Powering portable electronic devices with power harvesting energy sources will free us from recharging ever again. We have developed a shoe power generator that is:
- Low cost. The system price less than a dollar.
- Ecological. In comparison to batteries, no toxic chemicals are needed.
- Soft. The transducer can be placed in the shoe heel for shock absorption.
- Simple design. The transducer is robust and no complex bimorphs are needed.
- Piezoelectric. No voltage bias needed for power generation.
- Light weight. The weight is 6 g compares with regular shoe filling
- Large power output. Power output of 10 mW is possible.
For a demo of the power generation in actuation, check out the